Sunday, March 13, 2011

I got lucky


St. Paddy's Day Sprint Triathlon - March 13, 2011
300M Swim, 12.6 bike, 5K run - 1:18:07, 7th AG, 200 overall

I have been in the pool once in three months. I've been on the bike once for that duathlon a month ago. I've been running, a lot. The luck of the Irish was with me today. I did my second triathlon, the same course as my first one last October. I had a 2:04 PR. I am thrilled.

300M Swim - 6:42
This was not my best swim. Being out of the pool for three months and then a quick swim last weekend, clearly impacted my results. My swim on my last tri was 6:39, not awful, but certainly not as good as I can do. But honestly, I really didn't care. It's 300M. I really wanted my bike to go better than last tri.



T1 - 1:07

I was a little shocked at my T1 time. I was in a daze and remember standing at the bike rack wondering what to do. I'm blaming losing an hour's sleep due to daylight saving's time. However, it was better than last tri at 1:10.

12.66 Bike - 43:22

It sure was a windy day. It's been the theme here in Texas for the past month. I really wanted to improve my bike this go around. I felt pretty good out there today despite the wind. Last tri was 45:41. I know I can do better here. But I'll take a 2+ minute improvement.

T2 - :52
Finally feeling more awake, I blazed through T2. So much so that I thought I was going to trip when I saw Corina, Michelle, Marci and Bojana cheering me on! I was blowing kisses and thought I may kiss the ground! An improvement again from October where it was :59.


5K Run - 26:01
Oh boy I was not pleased with this run! I was slow out there and just couldn't get my legs moving. Don't really know what my problem was! Legs felt super heavy. Last October I did this in 25:38.

It was the first tri of the season. I had a good day. I had a good race. And I got a PR, placed 7th in my age group and 200th overall. Hey maybe with some training, I'll do better! This was a good way to gauge where I'm at and what I need to work on before my first Olympic Distance Tri in June.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on a good race and a great PR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. You're smokin' fast in the TA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Suann! I'm glad to see that you're still kicking ass and taking names.

    ReplyDelete