Sunday, July 3, 2011

Marathon, I can't live without you

Dear Marathon,

I know I told you we needed to see other people for a bit, but I think I made a mistake.

The truth is, I love you. While the triathlon and I had fun, I just don't think we're made for each other for the long haul. I mean I really like the sprints and I can see the Olympic happening soon. But truth be told, I miss you. Even in this Godforsaken heat, I miss you.

Today, I ran 16 miles. I was only going to run 14, but I ran 16 for you. And I talked about you a lot. Smiling about our last race. How much fun we had.

So with that, I'm hoping you'll take me back a little sooner rather than later. Will you go to Long Beach with me on Oct 9?

And I'd like to step things up in our relationship. There's this ultra on Nov. 12, right here in Grapevine, Texas.

And I have big plans for us in 2012.

I hope you'll say yes. We'll have a smashing time. I promise!

All my love,
Suann


4 comments:

  1. Holy snackpacks, you're going Ultra on me?? Squee!!! I admit it, I miss Mary too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written - smiling and can only imagine that such a letter full of charm and woo can only lead to great adventures with the marathon - smiling and cheering loudly from Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so awesome, Suann. :)

    ReplyDelete