I promise to write a Rocky Raccoon 50 mile endurance run race report, but here are the top 10 things I heard this weekend...
10. My toes look like hamburger.
9. I was so in need for a sock for the junk.
8. Conversation from two 100 mile runners:
Runner 1: Man I need to walk for 20 seconds.
Runner 2: You know walking for 20 seconds is like 40 seconds because it takes you double that to get back to your pace.
Honeybee: Are you guys running the 100? And you are seriously worried about 20 seconds?
Runner 1: Well I'm just saying, it throws you off your pace and you have to make it up.
Honeybee: shakes head.
Runner 2: If I miss sub 24 for 20 seconds, I'm coming to find you.
Runner 1: I'll never pee in a race again.
Honeybee: Dude, just pee while you run. It's a skill.
7. I feel compelled to lube something.
6. Do you have any little girls?
5. I don't want to get these shoes muddy.
4. Oh he's almost done, he only has 20 miles left.
3. At mile 43, "You look SMASHING!"
2. I think you have some mud on you.
And the number one things goes to Mama C. After loop 2 when I said, "I want a DNF" she says to me...
1. I don't want to hear those letters. Shut up and run you only have 16 miles left.
Running 50 mile is pretty amazing. But running 50 miles with the most awesome athletes, crew, pacers and volunteers and friends is even more amazing. Thank you to everyone for making it a great weekend. Race report to come!