Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tales from the Trails

There. It's done. 30 yesterday. 18 today. It was ugly. But it's done.

Do I feel more confident about running 100 miles next month? Yes and no.
I know I can keep running when my legs feel tired.
I know I will have Martin and Leslie to be my brain for me and my moral support.
I know I'm tough as nails.
I know I'm going to hurt.
I know I'm going to be tired.
I know this will be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.
I know I better get a new belt for that buckle because I'm going to finish.

10 things I learned on the trails today....
1. Running with 3 chicks is bad ass.
2. Josh is stealthy and will sneak up behind you like a lightening bolt.
3. Leslie and I  aren't afraid to run 50 miles, but will scream like girls if a bug is involved.
4. Stephanie has super sonic hearing.
5. Baby copper head snakes are yucky.
6. Always keep mosquito repellant in the car.
7. Some people listen to mariachi music while biking.
8. Old people are concerned about when they stop serving breakfast.
9. We look like we know what the hell we are doing because everyone asked us for directions.
10. We like vampires.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you a ton, Suann! You're such a role model to me. Miss you a lot and love you tons.

    ReplyDelete