I sprained my ankle pretty good on a tempo trail run on Sunday. It was my last run before my A race – Rocky Raccoon. Seems that raccoon got the best of me again this year and I never even toed the line.
|The immediate aftermath of the sprain.|
So for the next few weeks, the bike is my friend. But before we become friends, I would like to air my grievances about the bike.
Top 10 reasons I hate the bike
10. It makes my butt hurt. No matter how expensive my bike shorts are, my butt hurts.
9. Bike shorts make me feel like I am wearing a diaper.
8. You aren’t meant to exercise sitting on your ass (thank you Anne for mentioning this one to me).
7. I am peddling to nowhere most of the time because I can’t ride in the morning or in the evenings, which leaves a spin bike at lunch.
6. I seem to have two speeds – slow and slower.
5. I get bored.
4. If I’m on a hill, I want to throw my bike down and run up it.
3. I have lost entirely too many water bottles on Texas roads because I can’t seem to put them back in their cage while riding.
2. I’m mechanically challenged and something always brakes. There was a time when a VP at my company changed my flat of me.
1. I live in Texas where motorists either a) ask you if something is wrong when they see you on a bike because no one rides their bike on purpose around here or b) try to hit you because you’re in the way.